Watched Slumdog Millionaire last night.
- Anil Kapoor was the surprise package.
- Dev Patel better stick to ‘Skins’ as the sexed up pup.
- Kids in the first half were memorable.
- Freida Pinto was ok.
- Mahesh Manjrekar, Saurabh Shukhla, Irrfan Khan were their usual selves.
- Simon Beaufoy’s dialogues sounded like a colonial Indian native clerk trying to write poetry to impress his British masters and get his promotion in the water and sewerage department.
- Direction – If someone said it was the same Danny Boyle who directed Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, Sunshine and The Beach I would have said no way, but then he also made A Life Less Ordinary and Millions.
- Cinematography – Really good
- Music (AR Rahman, MIA) – Great
Overall verdict – Decent film, definitely not Oscar worthy.